A fundraising campaign for Unicorn Children's Foundation.
About This Campaign
BENEFITS of the Project SEARCH Model:
Benefits to the Students:
- Participate in a variety of internships within the host hospital / business
- Acquire competitive, transferable and marketable job skills
- Gain increased independence, confidence, and self esteem
- Obtain work based individualized coaching, instruction and feedback
- Develop linkages to Vocational Rehabilitation and other adult service agencies
- Access to a new, diverse, talent stream with skills that match labor needs
- Gain intern/ employee with disabilities who serve as a role model for customers
- Access to a demographic of the economy with intense buying power: people with disabilities represent one of the fastest growing market segments in the United States
- Experience increased regional and national recognition through marketing of this unique program
- Increased performance and retention in high-turnover, entry-level positions
To learn more check out the new “Project SEARCH 101,” a 20-minute introductory course to the model. This video version of Project SEARCH 101 is available to the general public. It can be can be accessed via this page of the Project SEARCH website: http://projectsearch.us/EDUCATION/ProjectSEARCHAcademy.aspx
To view an informational video, click on this link,
http://youtu.be/rsHi_-4iylk; or, complete an internet search for key words James Varnum Award - Project SEARCH.
Unicorn Project SEARCH Contact:
Sharon Alexander, M.H.Sc.
raised of $75,000 goal
Campaign to Support Unicorn Children's Foundation
Unicorn Children's Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to children and young adults with developmental, communication, and learning disorders through education, awareness, and research so that they have every opportunity to lead productive and fulfilling lives.